These aren’t in any particular order, but here’s my list of what I’m looking forward to this year. Happy New Year, by the way! Let’s keep getting better.
1. Living in the same town as Steve. We’ve promised each other that’ll happen by next fall.
2. Exploring seminary again and for real this time. I think it’s time. Dubuque has an online option or maybe there’s an on campus option. Regardless, it’s time to go in with an open heart and mind.
3. I’m going to run an entire 5k this year. Not just 2/3. Not run walk jog walk jog more want to die walk jog finish. But run. I’m not sure the semantics of run vs. jog. I’ll figure that out later.
4. Finishing something. Jon Acuff says this is the year we should finish something. I’m going to finish 2 somethings: the schnurr-slamb writing project will end this year. And this crazy story I started for nanowrimo in 2010… that needs to end.
5. Regular blogging. Forcing myself to wade through ideas and bring quality stuff to the internet.
6. Training camp. I’ve decided I really really really want to go to Broncos training camp this summer. Hopefully I’ll rock an orange Zane Beadles jersey. 🙂
7. Winning something. I don’t care if it’s a couple dollars from the lottery or a game of boggle. This year I’m going to win.
8. Drinking more. (water.) I bet if I stay hydrated with water instead of just coffee and other caffeinated beverages I’ll be smarter, feel better and love life more.
9. Following a budget. I’m becoming a nerd. I wrote out a budget for the next couple months. Dave Ramsey is my homeboy. Financial Peace University will be a review this year– but it’s so inspiring. Debt sucks and it makes me giddy to see a way out of the debt I have. h
10. A 15 year high school class reunion. I’m assuming we’ll have one. I dig nostalgia. I suppose I officially graduated from Northwestern in 2002 so it’s the 10 year college reunion, too. Weird.
11. The new Gustafson baby. My friends Laura and BJ are gonna have a new baby this summer. I can’t wait to meet this one. Their kids are so cool. I’m sure other friends will have babies. That’ll be neat.
12. Plans. I’ll spare you the graph paper details, but I’ve got plans for this year. It’s going to be awesome.
What are you looking forward to this year? Share!